BSFM is kicking off the Get Beat or Die campaign as of now, as stated in an earlier post this is all about makeup ladies. Makeup artists, and their take on F2013 style, makeup products, tips, and more. I reached out to whom I feel is extremely talented, with the hopes that others will join in and want to be apart of the buzz. My first feature comes straight out of Dallas TX and honey she can beat a face for the cheap seats honey. Check out Rhonda a true professional aka on Instagram Rhondac_mua. I had the chance to interview Rhonda and get her take on F2013 makeup trends and also a little advice for those that might want to seek a career in this industry, Rhonda is a true pro working with MAC, and she also offers training classes as well check out what Rhonda had to say with regard to her trade, style, and beauty.
1. My take on Fall trend 2013: Fall is my favorite season, I love warm shades of terra cottas, reds, and burgundy. This F2013 trends are very romantic and shameless. I'm excited for the smokey eyes to come out and play!
2. My advice to aspiring and up and coming makeup artist is to be very open minded and take it upon self to study trend and different genres of makeup (editorial, commercial, beauty, theatrical, etc) this industry is very demanding and women want what they want whether they see it in a magazine or their favorite celebrity, you have to be able to speak to everyone. Every woman can't wear a sculpted brow or ombré lips. You have to tailor to fit the clients needs. Last but not least, work hard and remain humble. This business can be ruthless at times and you have to remember that you're not the only artist out here, you catch more bees with honey! There are a lot of talented artists that forget that. Supporting each other and working together will get you further than knocking each other down. I can appreciate someone with a passion for their craft. That's what it's about, not being better than someone because your work will speak for itself.
3. Basic technique women should practice when applying their makeup:
I have a few:
-prep and prime the skin before makeup is applied. Moisturize moisturize moisturize!!! Find out what's best for your skin type and get a skincare regimen. Your foundation is only as flawless as the skin underneath.
-when filling in brows, go with a brown (never black) and apply lightly to create hair like strokes so it looks natural and groomed. And if you're going to rock a defined brow, please make sure to use skin tone concealers and not 5 shades lighter! ( this brow epidemic is out if control LOL)
-apply Most products with brushes. (With the acceptance of the wonderful beauty blender sponges that are the new trend which I do use for some products such as concealer) it will go on smoother, you get a nice even finish and disperse the product evenly on skin. You tend to use more than you need with sponges. And eyeshadows are blended smoothly with brushes instead of sponges or q tips.
-always clean and sanitize your products
4. The one thing about my style that is unique and sets me apart is my work ethic. I work hard and I enjoy my career as a professional makeup artist. I take pride in my craft and I make sure to utilize my skill set on everyone I touch. No one leaves my chair feeling less than amazing about themselves. This career is very rewarding because not only do I get to enhance people's beauty but I'm changing lives and building confidence and I absolutely love that.
5. My favorite style/trend that I want to incorporate in my work is avant-garde! I love the artistic abstract and creativity it portrays. It just looks so free and unscripted and I would love to create a look for a shoot or show one day.
Posted on September 30, 2013 at 6:21PM | Permalink
| 0 Comments